Sunday, July 19, 2015

A little purse

B prologue: P needed an outfit for a special occasion and made a pair of linen slacks with the fabric we bought in Kuala Lumpur. She then decided she needed a small purse. So....

I really need a small purse because I don't have a single one.  I had just finished a pair of linen slacks and there was extra fabric. Could I create a much needed little purse? The Internet was happy to help me out. I found a cute little bag pattern but naturally it wasn't quite what I wanted. It wasn't quite what other crafters wanted either because I was also able to find helpful information to do what I did want- at least at first glance. Actually, the modification directions to insert a recessed zipper even contained photos not relevant to the individual captions. (I think they just didn't proof their directions so there were missing steps.) However, I did sort of figure it out and now I have a small purse that matches the slacks-- on the outside. The lining was B's choice: leftover fabric from a pair of pajama bottoms I'd sewn for him from a bright, bold Bali batik print. I even added a pocket for my cell phone complete with a velcro closure. Cute!  I think I need a black one for evening. And I think I will make it a little larger.

1 comment:

Feel free to comment or ask questions...