Monday, July 23, 2018

More Crafty Things

This is the first watercolor class I have taken. Well, to be honest, I might have taken a class as a child. I remember going to some sort of art classes at a museum when I was little. Anyway, here is my very first venture completed during a 2 hour basic, introductory watercolor painting class.

Here are my classmates with their roses! The one in the front row without a rose is the teacher. Two members of the class are also in my crafty group.
I will take another class in the fall if it is offered. I have so, so much to learn.

As I mentioned in the post about creating tuffets, occasionally my crafty group will work on a project at the same time. We are working on the tuffets but we are also working on a quilt. We are all working from the same pattern and plan, however, everyone puts their own twist on it with color selection and embroidery/applique choices. I am treating it as a sort of sampler as I continue learning embroidery. A lot of the embroidery, according to the pattern, is all done in the same stitch. I quickly got tired of that and began introducing additional stitches so I could learn them.

This quilt is a lap quilt I guess. There are 9 blocks and finished it is only 45" X 45". This photo still has the 3 inch wide off-white strips attached so I can use a hoop to embroider near the edge. They will come off before the panels are sewn together. Two done, a third at about 75%. Very pretty but time-consuming.
And another member of our little group of crafters is leaving town so I assisted in the creation of another mini-quilt. I really enjoy the fact that my friends are from all over. In this shot we have Indonesia, Australia, The Netherlands, Italy and the US. I am holding my phone and Yenny, far left, is pressing the button. Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...