Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Out and About... more

Another street scene... This food cart is selling fried snacks. This style is pushed by hand to the selling point. Others are bicycle driven or motorcycle driven.There are many other carts behind this one.
Last week some friends and I took a "field trip" to a fabric shop in town. Several of the ladies couldn't make it themselves but they still had a few fabric needs. I believe 3 of us were shopping for others by taking photos of prints, "What'sApping" them to the potential buyer for a yes or no response. It was fun. I purchased two Christmas prints for a friend along with another novelty print that included octopi with bows on them. A "girlie" print for sure. We are usually able to get larger discounts when we go as a group but this time we didn't get the same discount. We only got a 20% discount instead of the usual 30% and that was only on cotton fabrics. Some members of the group purchased linen yardage and received no discount at all. One of my friends seems to always get the 30% discount but she was not with us on this trip. That could be the reason, or it could be that his sales are down. I purchased one piece of fabric for myself. A really pretty tropical cotton print that just screamed Christmas somehow. Another lady also bought some of this print. Really pretty!
At some point it will probably become a blouse. If there's time, I'll get it done for Christmas. After we finished shopping at his store, the owner was kind enough to lead us to a sewing accessories store located nearby. It was down a very narrow alley. The shop itself was small and mainly had zippers. Maybe I'll go back if I can't find the right zipper at my favorite shop in Pasar Mayestic. The accessories shop was in this mall- which was air conditioned!
While we were out and about, we happened near a small demonstration in town. Normally we try to completely avoid them but couldn't this day.
After shopping one day I met some friends at an Indian restaurant I hadn't visited. The US election is a hot topic of conversation here. This was on the TV in the lobby of the restaurant building as it was the day of the last debate. The food was better than the debate and I will take B there soon.
 My helper, Ibu Tin, and I both had to laugh at this pillow slogan:
Lastly, I am not a mayonnaise aficionado even though I realize that is a foreign concept to many cultures. However, we wanted you all to know that if you visit here you can have mayonnaise flavored cashews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...