Sunday, July 30, 2017

A few green things

It has been a relatively quiet time following our rapid fire back to back trips between April and July but there are a few things worthy of mention in this latest set of posts.

First, I must share this cake which was on the cover of a cookbook I saw in a bookshop here. It is far too green in my opinion but is probably a Matcha green tea cake. Green cakes here usually are Matcha flavored/colored. And it is covered with Oreos.

These 2 drinks qualify for green due to green ingredients even though the overall "look" might not be very green. The drink on the right is called a crystal mint. It's just soda water with a little mint syrup and a mint leaf. The drink on the left is called a Moscow Mint Mojito. That has lime, mint syrup, soda water and mint leaves. Both were tasty. The crystal mint spurred me to buy a bunch of mint and make my own syrup so I could put a little into a glass of soda water and create my own homemade crystal mint drinks!You only use a touch of the syrup for a refreshing drink!
Here's a full fledged green drink.  It's a Matcha Green Tea Latte! B thought it was pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...