Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Perth- Intro/Hotel

We took a trip to Perth last month as we continued our travels to mostly coastal areas of Australia-at least so far! We had no real issues leaving town but at the gate at the airport we had to put our liquids in small Ziploc bags they provided. This seemed a strange spot to be worrying about liquids for the first time. It seemed related specifically to going to Australia.

As we approached the Perth airport, I noticed strange circular lakes and ponds. I have no idea what these are but there were many of them in quite a few locations.

We had an interesting time once we landed in Perth. At the airport when attempting to obtain some Australian currency, B discovered he had neglected to bring his  US ATM card. Fortunately I had mine.  When we attempted to check into our hotel, they couldn't find the reservation at first but then informed us we had booked our stay beginning the next day. Harumpf!  Fortunately, they had an empty room. We had opted to upgrade ourselves for this stay but they did not have that level of room available so we were in a different room on the first night.

Something did turn out great. I had placed an order from an Australian shop (for crafty things for myself and 4 friends) to be shipped to our hotel. That way I could bring them back with me. I had not tried this before but it worked perfectly. I called the hotel and asked how I could do this and it was easy. The shop let me know when it would arrive, etc.  While B was dealing with checking us in for our "extra" night, I just asked at the concierge and it was there.  All items have already been distributed to my friends!

The  morning of the second day of our stay, we packed up our suitcases and left them in room. On our return at the hotel, the concierge staff had moved our suitcases to the new room. We just stopped to get the keys at the desk. Our upgraded room was something special! B isn't sure he intended to book this level of room but it's what we got, so we enjoyed it.





This was a seriously large room. In taking this photo, I am standing by the first of 2 doors into the room. B is standing in front of the other one- way down the hall! 

The view from the inside: door 1(main door)

The view from inside: door 2

I also liked this painting on the wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...