Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Why So Busy?

Two other women's organizations in town are now sharing our location—our Center. So now, the American Women's Association, the British Women's Association and the Asociacion Ibero Americana all share the same building.  AWA has 2 days, BWA 2 days and AIA 1 day.  It was a massive effort for our team to pull this all together in terms of ironing out lease agreements, furnishings, garage sales, meetings. We now have one banner in the lobby. In part, it works like airline check in counter space that is shared. We all have a space to stash our own organization's little things and we get them out then put them away. That part is a bit of a pain sometimes, but in terms of cost savings, it's a win for everyone. We all also offer "member prices" for any activities held at the Center, though I haven't had any time to make use of that offer.
In addition, I am still secretary for AWA and I am also special consultant to the President as well. I have been here a while now! As a result, I am very involved in many things that go on including training members to staff our front desk on days we are in the Center. I am also trying to re-learn how to play bridge on Wednesday afternoons. I am usually there in the morning for meetings or something so I stay on.
I hosted my crafty group for a Welcome Back party at the very end of January. Nearly everyone had returned from their holiday travels. The cute sayings I saw on signs at the quilt shop in NY gave me an idea. For the party, I covered much of an exterior door to our AC units with cute expressions. A friend suggested these would make a great little lap quilt. Maybe some day.
 I only took one picture at the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...