Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Snow, rain and a grasshopper

I was surprised to read coverage of the mega snows that hit Buffalo, NY, here in our morning newspaper.Here is the evidence!
As I'm writing this post, guess what, it's raining. This morning I awoke to blue skies and once again the skies took on a grey cast, the thunder began and now it's raining. Not a downpour at this point but a light rain ( hujan). Here's a shot of rain on the car window with background of lit up buildings. This was taken in the evening on one of the early rainy days.
Yesterday we had heavy downpours. I took some pictures as the storm moved in. This is taken just minutes before the rain started. The air is really much cleaner between the rains so the citizens look forward to the rainy season to some degree.

I'm trying to figure out how to tie my next topic into the rain but it's easier to say I'm switching topics. So here goes: Switching topics.

I've also seen large grasshoppers on our balcony. So far, I've seen only one at a time. Should the numbers increase do I need to be worrying about some apocalyptic event? The few that have visited appeared to have selected our balcony for the purpose of resting during their final hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...