Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Out and About

2018 Chinese New Year was last month. Once again many of the malls in the area were decorated. Here are a few shots.


I just loved the shoe options to help celebrate Chinese New Year! I just enjoyed looking.
It's now the Year of the Dog!
Here's a new coffee place my friends and I tried out. The name is One Fifteenth ( 1/15). Odd name but the parking lot is larger than some coffee spots I've visited.
The statue Patung Pemuda Membangan marks the southern end of Jl. Jendral Sudirman. It's a bare-bodied man holding an eternal flame above his head. The statue symbolizes the contribution of youth in the development of the country. Locally this statue is called the "Pizza Man." Construction of the MRT is taking place all around the Pizza Man so you can't see the entire statue or the pond it sits in. It's surrounded by a high fence and has been for some time. 

Finally we are trying a second driver. B is taking Pak Oky nearly all week with him to Cilegon leaving me without transportation. So, we are auditioning Pak Rapiudin. This is the 3rd week of his trial. He is trying very hard but communication isn't easy. We were told he speaks English but so far B and I both have serious doubts that this is true. I've seen some new parts of town because he doesn't know all areas well yet. He is learning my regular spots as time goes on and I'm using my Bahasa.

Rambutan seller.
 A key maker.

 Juice bar.

The perspective is a little different. Our second car is a black Honda CRV instead of a mini-van. Notice how the scooters travel between the cars.



Glad I don't have to drive myself in this sort of traffic.
I am pretty sure there was a pair of birds nesting in this cell tower equipped with palm fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...