Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Winter Scenes

My gosh! Posting pictures and stories really got away from me this time. I had collected a lot of photos to share. Here is the first of many in the coming days.

We were back in the states for a short time and the weather was frigid for the most part. We got to see snow but it was so cold the snow was useless for creating creatures or igloos in the yard. In fact, one day it was so cold and the snow so dry, every time a wind gust came up the snow moved all over the place. I captured a photo.
It is really hard to transition from the weather here to winter in upstate New York. This was my nighttime wardrobe- yes, all of it at one time: flannel pajamas, borrowed velour pant suit, heavy cotton full length nightgown. I then added 2 heavy comforters. These same indoor temperatures used to be comfortable for me!
Here's the outside thermometer one morning. Brrrrrrr!

As I said it was pretty cold most of the visit. It did warm up for about 36 hours and ice broke up on the river.  When the ice breaks up, there are usually floods in the lowest areas around the river. Fortunately, the flooding was minor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...