Sunday, December 9, 2018

Holiday Decor

The first post after the long drought is about holiday decor. It's been so long since I've written that I never posted this great shot of Halloween decorations at one of our Saturday malls for walking, lunch, coffee, etc.

And now let's jump to Christmas?  Well, to be honest, I put up our two trees (why we have 2 trees is covered in a post a long time ago!) very early so I could enjoy them before taking off to spend the holidays with family. Also, I had made 3 ornaments and I was itching to hang them on a tree. Photos in a later blog. Tree one (which is lightly flocked):
Tree 2 had a problem with the built in lights so I decided to remove them all and just use an add on strand or two. Whoa! I had no idea there were so many clips holding these wires to the branches. I worked for a while with my bare hands trying not to break the clips. After a while, my hands were getting sore, so  I switched to pliers and stopped caring if I damaged the clips.
Removing all of the clips wasn't easy, but the end result is lovely. The multi-color strand we got has 8 settings. One just sort of twinkles. It's really pretty though not in strong daylight. I took these shots so I have them to show potential buyers when I sell these eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...