Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Knitting socks



After an endless number of starts and restarts on knitting my lavender socks, I finally mastered the “start” part using a toe-up pattern working with 5 needles together. I thought the socks were going well until I realized they were too large. (It was really hard for me to tell the size with only a few rows. ) There were 3 restarts in terms of size but they will now actually fit me ( I hope).  I am having a hard time finding a second set of double point bamboo needles the same size so I made yarn holders out of giant paperclips and I’m switching back and forth knitting on both socks simultaneously.  My “teacher” is in Tokyo for 2 weeks so I will stop at the point where I need to start working on the heels and wait for her to return. It might take me that long to knit them both to the correct stopping point. This photo makes the color appear more purple and less lavender than it really is. Here they are so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...