Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Activities of Tuesday, October 7- Friday, October 10, 2014


Was our printer plan a good one?
More work on the apartment, organizing cleaning. B had his boss here from France so he worked long hours each day. I tested the slow cooker again, this time it was a pot roast.

I got my office set up pretty well and now have a printer! However, the life is the printer seems to be fairly limited. I was not aware that I cannot purchase replacement cartridges for my Canon printer here. Once they started putting chips in the cartridges, they don’t cross regions. We will probably end up purchasing a new one here to make do. Canon has given me the model number of my same printer as it was released in Indonesia, but the cartridges are not the same.  So, we might purchase a new one and be able to actually buy replacement cartridges here. The other option is that we buy multiple sets of cartridges while back in the US at the end of the year and bring them back with us. We’ll see. I brought one spare set, but I’ve already had to replace one and another one is almost empty. It is so nice to have a printer, however. We purchased one package of 250 sheets of paper to start. Couldn’t find full ream packages. And the weight/quality is better than I need, so we will continue looking for a reasonably priced, less hefty paper for whatever printer we end up using.

Spent a chunk of time researching various things and continuing to organize. Had the housekeeping crew back again on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...