Tuesday, October 14, 2014

An apartment tour introduction, parts 1 and 2

I took a bunch of photos of our new abode put something together to share with you. You will notice a lack of decorative items to go with the basic furniture. We will accumulate that stuff slowly I suspect. Basically we have a very neutral palette (per the owner) that needs some punches of color. We need things on the walls as well, but that could mean the owner would require us to repaper/repaint when we leave so we have to be very careful how many things we hang and how we hang them. Why aren't the "Command strip" people working on strips that DO work on wallpaper? At least on the painted walls we can use them, when we find something to hang, if it doesn't weigh much. Many more restrictions than I am used to dealing with.

I must digress on the paint used in parts of the apartment.I may have mentioned in an earlier posting that the painter told our agent he couldn't get the easily scrubbable/washable paint I wanted. He told our agent that he was going up in step in the paint quality.  I quickly discovered he must have gone down several steps in quality. I cannot even wash off a dirty print finger print mark with plain water and a soft cloth. The paint comes right off with just water. I've never encountered paint like this. And he did not leave any paint use for touchups. This will definitely be an issue. It seems every service person or technician we have in here touches the walls and leaves dirty finger prints everywhere. Can you live in a house and NEVER touch a wall? I doubt it.

Anyway, here is a set of 5 slide-show type videos I created to provide everyone with a tour of the apartment. I tried to do this in only 2 steps, but my server won't allow large files so you'll just have to click 5 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...