Tuesday, October 14, 2014

More activities of Saturday, October 5, 2014- Pancakes!

We bought flour!!!!!!!
We have now purchased flour in Indonesia.  The local flour bags are labeled with overlapping suggested uses so we were trying to make our best guess as to which to buy when we spotted Gold Medal Flour on the shelf. It cost more but we knew it was all-purpose so we went with that one. We will investigate this whole flour thing in the near future. I have located what sounds like a bakers shop that sells flour and and things for bakers, so I will try that at some point. In the mean time, if I run out of the Gold Medal, we'll try to make a best guess on a local bag of flour. PS. According to what I read, the first step in flour storage (or for that matter any grain type item)  is to put it in the freezer for 24-48 hours to kill anything that might have moved in. I'm hoping it's really just a precaution. Once out of the freezer, if you store it properly in a sealed container you are good to go.

We also purchased sugar and baking soda and baking powder. Oh, yes, we also bought syrup. There was a definite plan. For dinner Saturday night I made pancakes!  Yum! Need to find some cornmeal because I like a little cornmeal in my pancakes. We have also found a nice butter from New Zealand so the pancakes were very good.

I still have not tried the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...