Saturday, September 13, 2014

Apartment update

The painting is done or nearly so. I'm not thrilled with the color of the other two bedrooms but the master is nice. The color is not what I selected off the color chart so I don't know what happened. It looks too slightly blue to me and was supposed to be a sand color. Mixed the paints? Dirty rollers? Bad color chart? I don't know but I'm stuck with it now. Just hope it doesn't look too awful with the drapes that we are keeping. I couldn't tell yet because they are out being cleaned. Maybe at a different time of day it will look better?

The wallpaper is in process and it's going somewhat smoothly. The base color is an ivory with a very, very mild textural stripe, not really much color to the very fine striping, that I believed would run vertically but it is horizontal. The strips of paper run vertically but the striping is horizontal so the stripes are supposed to be horizontal. You have to be very close to the wallpaper to even see the striping.  It basically appears painted if you just glance around the room. This photo also includes the choice for the lightblocking(heat blocking) drapes for the living room and dining room.We're trying to keep the main living areas very neutral in tones of cappuccino, mocha, lt. espresso so we don't offend the owner. We will add some "color" with accessories like pillows.

The only issue is that they are not matching the striped wallpaper. Perhaps the striping is so subtle the wallpaper guy can't even see it. It will drive me nuts. Maybe I can hang something over the worst areas. They have command strips here and I will be purchasing some for these tasks.

The other thing I may have to hang something on is the wall mount bracket for a large TV that was supposed to be removed from a pillar dividing the living room and dining room. It was not removed so the pillar was wallpapered around the bracket. Yuck! Our agent is going to try to get them to fix that. Exactly how they do it remains to be seen. There is also a conduit for electric this area that is arctic white and runs from the ceiling halfway down this pillar and it was supposed to be wrapped in the wallpaper to make it less obvious and that wasn't done either. I asked the realty agent to be sure they leave me paper to fix it. I will do it myself.

There is a coordinating patterned wallpaper that is being used on the above mentioned pillar and in the foyer and I really like how that looks.

A young man seemed to be doing some general cleaning while we were there yesterday so we are moving along. There was also a floor polisher sitting in the middle of the living room so I guess that's going to be done soon. Even the balconies have been re-painted and they look nice.  We flipped some furniture around in the apartment and what we did seems to fit.

You might have thought to take photos of the progress and we did have a camera. We just forgot. I will take the camera again, just in case I remember to shoot a couple of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions...